Woah – sorry it has been so long between posts. I attended Problogger event at the Gold Coast in September, and then returned there last month with my partner for a much needed holiday. I still snuck in work both times, though
Am recovering from a migraine so this is a bit of a quick round up. As always, appreciate any tips or suggestions you may have!
- Brooke McAlary, from Slow Your Home, is stepping back from her blog to launch digital magazine Romper. The first issue of Romper will be hitting the Apple Newsstand in early December, 2013. Read more about it here
- Dannielle Cresp has launched How to Use Pinterest to Grow Your Blog or Creative Business Ebook. I don’t know much about her work, but it is just $7.
- Joel Runyon has launched the first version of the cold shower therapy app. It’s a fascinating story – his original blog post was a hit and led to so many opportunities.
- Darren Rowse and his team have launched a new design for Digital Photography School. Check out the team notes for info on the changes.
- Trevor Young has launched Expermedia - a hybrid consulting, training and publishing business focused on content marketing and social media communication. Always interested in seeing what Trevor is up to.
- Liz Pulo has launched a new WordPress support service called WP Calm.
- Meagan Harding and Cheryl Lin have launched their new podcast, Fashion in Melbourne
- How we tripled our revenue by adding one button
- 30 Lessons from Selling $30 Million Worth of eBooks
- 30 Day Blog Challenge Results: 100% More Traffic, 30% More Sales and #1 on Amazon Natalie Sisson run a 30 day challenge to help promote her new book. I’m not a fan of the book itself (I’m extremely pick with books) but the results are pretty awesome
- Ali Luke is now co-editor of Daily Blog Tips. Congrats Ali – that’s awesome news!
- Cheryl Lin has quit her job to focus on her personal projects.
- Paul Jarvis ended up cancelling his kickstarter project. The goal was to test the feasibility of a print run and not enough people backed the print version. Woah, this guy has balls.
- Justin Tadlock Publishes The Results Of His ThemeForest Experiment: The goal of the experiment was to see if it was possible to get other theme authors to write better code and enable better compatibility with the thousands of other themes and plugins for WordPress
- How my Digital Sabbatical Helped me to Revolutionise My Workflow Fantastic post by Jess Van Den.
- 5 First Year Posts that Led to Over 6 Million Views I love it when Darren opens up about the figures in his business. I learn so much from his recent posts
- Why I Don’t Write For Medium: The importance of owning your content
- You’ve got to give to get. But are you ready to receive? Should be a must-read by anyone working in sales.
- Getting to the Real Person Behind the Online Persona via Lea Woodward
- 18 Quick Ways to Get More Traffic to Your Blog Via Alexis Grant
- 32 Experts Share Their Best Blog Post Promotion Tips via Kristi Hines. Also her ebook is now a course. Awesome!
- Work Happiness Secret: Track Your Efforts, Not Your Accomplishments